Picking out a smart home system in 2021 is a significant move you can make to improve your lifestyle. Your home will become more inviting and efficient while saving energy and enhancing your family's safety. Smart technology systems also make your life more convenient. We will describe in this article how easy and simple it is to determine the best smart home system for the average Australian homeowner, which matches the homeowner's budget and produces the desired results.
- Introduction to smart home system
- How do you select the right home system for your home?
- Steps to select smart home system
- Smart Home Technology
Introduction to Smart Home System
Smart Home System is a system in which appliances, such as lightning, security cameras, automated doorbells, and sensors can be remotely monitored and controlled by using internet-connected devices. The most heralded reason to invest in smart home technology or home automation, is to give homeowners a sense of peace of mind, allowing them to monitor their homes remotely, preventing dangers such as left on coffee makers or an unlocked door. The use of smart home automation can also help consumers save money. Instead of running the air conditioner all day, it can learn the practices of homeowners and make sure the house is cooled down when they get home from work. The interaction can be done using the smart home system via a button, an app, or a remote. You can also control your voice with Amazon Echo, Google Home, or any other voice assistant.
How do you select the right home system for your home?
It seems obvious that having many choices and high potential makes picking a smart home system easier than ever in 2021. What do you think? Presently, there are a multitude of options and technologies available, making homeowners confused and neurotic. This is why we consider our smart home selection framework a helpful tool, irrespective of your budget, functional needs, and expected results.
Steps to select Smart Home System
In any home, whether it is new construction, an extension, or renovation, this framework can assist you in selecting the right smart home system. Now, here we will elaborate on all 3 steps which help you while selecting the right smart home system for your home.
1. What are you going to make smart in your home?
As part of this step, you need to decide what you want to automate as part of your smart home. You can automate as many appliances and devices as you can within the budget you have set. A smart dimming device, light switch, and blind controller will be required if you want to automate something simple, like converting a few rooms to LED lighting and assembling some automated blinds.
Additionally, we also included some common features of smart homes in Australia that provide the best smart home options, which are given below:
2. Budget of Smart Home System
This step involves estimating the cost of the smart home system that you wish to install in your home. A high-quality smart home system can cost as much as AU$10,000, to begin with, but you can reach up to AU$80,000, or even AU,$100,000 or more for large homes. If you choose to incorporate smart home devices into your home, you have to know what's included in the cost of the smart home so that you know what you are getting. This depends on how many smarts install into your home and the level of integration between all of these devices (the levels of smarts) you desire. Some smart home systems allow you to get started for less than the cost of a smartphone. These starter systems can be expanded upon easily in the future when you’re ready to do more without rewiring your home. Remember your home is one of the largest assets most people will own, and you’ll spend a lot of time living in it, so be sure to evaluate any smart home buying decision with that time frame and asset value in mind too.
Smart Home Technology
The past few decades have been a golden age for technology development, as we relied primarily on corded phones for communication. If smartphones were important developments in the 2000's, smart homes are likely to be the next big thing in the 20th century. Having smart home technology can open up new worlds of high-tech function and luxury not readily available in the past. It can manage all of your home's devices from one place, it can also make your appliances more flexible and maximize your home's security. Listed here are some of the best technologies for smart home automation, which are essential for your house.
- Z-Wave: Its devices are completely interoperable, so you can try many Z-wave devices to make your home smarter. Z-wave is regarded as necessary for connected devices in the smart home. Its devices consist of such as Ring Door/Window sensor, Ezlo secure, Abode Gateway, AD Security Hub, GE lighting control, Zipato Bulb 2, Fibaro Flood Sensor, and many more.
- Zigbee: There is a personal area network standard known as 802.15.4 which Zigbee uses, but you should know that Zigbee is a description that has been around for more than 30 years and that it is an alternative method to WiFi and Bluetooth for some purposes. Because it uses a mesh network, it is not designed for point-to-point communication, which makes it perfect for home automation. The following are some of the biggest Zigbee users that make up smart homes like Amazon, Honeywell, Huawei, Philips, SmartThings, Nokia, Lutron, Velux, Miele, Ikea, Texas Instruments, Bosch, Samsung, Indesit, and many more.